For use with a variety of plants including annuals, perennials, wildflowers, and shrubs. It’s brimming with benefits that are good for your garden and good for our planet.
Soil for Fabulous Flowers & Shrubs
GrowBetter Gardens™ Soil for Fabulous Flowers & Shrubs is a high quality, multi-purpose soil made of composted ingredients and 100% renewable, recyclable products.
Product & Horticulture Benefits
- Contributes to soil health – High volume of composted ingredients improves soil health.
- High moisture retention – Aged bark and compost helps to hold soil moisture.
- Optimal root growth – Lightweight and porous soil provides roots with more air space for establishment by balancing air/water porosity at root zone.
- Long-lasting soil stability – Woody matter and aged bark provide excellent structure.
- Slow release of nutrients – High organic matter releases nutrients slowly, to help feed plants.
- Superior drainage – Provides aeration porosity, prevents water-logging and helps deliver oxygen to roots.
- Chemical-free pH reduction – Formulated to help plants take up nutrients.
- Earth friendly – Does not contribute to GHG emissions released during peat harvesting.
- Reduces water consumption – Compost and bark help improve water use efficiency.
As a planting soil: Fill container or raised bed halfway with soil. Add water. Place plants with roots spread over surface of soil, holding in place and filling remainder of container with soil.
As an amendment: Add soil to existing garden bed in a 1:4 ratio and blend. Plant flowers & shrubs per directions on pot.
Water plants regularly. Soil should remain moist below the surface.
A fertilization program should be implemented 3 weeks after planting.
Wear gloves and a dust mask when handling. Wash hands with soap and water after use.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest. Read label before using. Adverse reactions may occur in sensitive persons. If allergic reaction occurs, seek medical attention.
Ingredients: Compost, aged bark fines, wood fiber, composted poultry manure, organic fertilizer.
Active Ingredients: Compost (leaf and yard residues), composted manure (poultry), and organic fertilizer (derived from alfalfa meal, feather meal, bone meal, mined potassium, rock phosphate, crustacean meal, seaweed extract, gypsum).
Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
Minimum Organic Matter 20%
Maximum Moisture Content 65%
Total Nitrogen (N)……0.3%
Available Phosphoric Acid (P205)…..0.15%
Soluble Potash (K20)……0.2%